Welcome to my blog!

Please don't be shy...leave a comment below a post but be sure to sign in first!!

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Raspberry Frosting Recipe

I have had a few people comment on how delicious the Raspberry Frosting is that I have had on my latest cupcakes, & also some emailed in requests on posting the recipe to try it out themselves.

So here it is!

Ingredients

250 gm     Unsalted butter
1 cup        Icing sugar
150 gm     Raspberries

Instructions

Be sure to take the butter out of the fridge to allow it to soften up, sift your icing sugar, & puree` & strain your raspberries prior to starting your frosting.

Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until pale & fluffy.

Add in the icing sugar & beat until soft peaks form.  Be sure to scrap down the sides occasionally so that it all mixes evenly.

Add in your raspberry puree` & beat until combined.  Be sure to add in your puree` in small amounts & allow it to mix with the other ingredients instead of adding it all in at once.

In the last batch that I made, I only used half of the amount of puree` from the 150gm of raspberries as the flavour was quite sweet & also the colour I was after was a pale pink.  So add in as much or as little as you like.  Tip: If you add in too much puree` & want a lighter colour/taste, simply sift in a little more icing sugar until you get back to the desired colour/taste.

Then pipe or spread the frosting over your cupcakes & decorate as you please.  The cupcakes should last for up to 3 days in an airtight container on the bench.  For those that live in the wonderful humid climates like me, place them in an airtight container in the fridge, then take them out of the fridge 15-20mins before serving to allow the frosting to soften up before gobbling them up :-)

I can't take all of the credit for such delicious frosting like this.  I researched the recipe online after tasting the delicious cupcakes in Newcastle.  While searching, I came across this awesome site called Gourmet Traveller.  Head on over & check it out.  There are so many recipes on there that I would love to make someday. As mentioned above, I tweaked it a little to suit my needs.

Please send in some pictures of your cakes if you end up using this recipe! I would love to see how they turn out.

To end... here are some "I heart NY cupcakes" that I made last weekend for my lovely friends Dan & Candice.  They eloped last year to NYC to get married, so they had us over to help celebrate their 1st Wedding Anniversary & also eat up delicious hotdogs.

I have to note, that I am not completely happy with how these turned out...you know, with me being OCD & all.  So these are actually from my second batch of cupcakes I made Saturday afternoon...
I left the egg out of the first batch...& I was also meant to use ganache to ice them, however, I somehow burnt that! Luckily I had some of the Raspberry Frosting leftover & whipped these up for them instead.  Candice & Dan were happy with them, which is the main thing! Who says baby brain is just while you're pregnant?! It seems to have stuck around with me...especially when I'm already tired!

Congratulations on your 1st Wedding Anniversary Dan & Candice! 
Thank you so much for inviting us to be a part of your special celebration.  
I can not wait to meet baby G soon! 
Yes that's right readers...Candice is due in July & looks absolutely amazing!!!

xoxo T

No comments:

Post a Comment